Monday, July 14, 2008

Morning Walks and Other Fun Stuff

Peter and I are walking almost every morning. Today our walk lasted more than two hours because we walked down to Provo where we used to live and happened to see and then stop to talk to several members of the ward, including Art and Rene Morin.

Not only are we getting more physically fit, but I feel empowered knowing that we could walk any where we might want/need to go.

I hope you like some of the photos I have been taking.



Our family is getting prepared! Besides getting food storage it is important to know how to use it. So far, I have gone Sabra's and Travis's for some private wheat grinding and bread making lessons. Last week I also made a cardboard box oven and used it and about a dozen pieces charcoal to bake five loaves of bread. This week I want to learn more about solar ovens/cookers.

Are we all gloom and doom? Absolutely not. Figuring out what to do if there is no electricity or gas not only helps us prepare physically, but it helps prepare our minds. If a crisis comes, we will be ready to deal with it, while others might have to take some time just to adjust mentally. We will not feel the world is coming to an end, if life changes and we have to do things differently. In the meantime we are loving all the wonderful things about our family and the world.



By the way, not everyone went to Stadium of Fire and July 4th. Here are some pictures I took at Tim and Melanie's.

4 comments:

Sabra said...

Yes, I love the pictures. How did the bread turn out in the card board oven???? I think you are amazing.

Cierra Rafajko said...

I think it's great that you are always thinking of ways to be better prepared for the future. It's definately a GREAT quality to have! You never know what might end up happening in the life we live in these days..

-Special Mothertivity- said...

wow, i can't believe you walked that far! way to go! walking in the morning is the best! I am so sad my neighbor moved. now I have no walking partner... And, I'm glad you are becoming so prepared. Yes, it will help everyone who knows you, I'm sure! And the bread from the cardboard oven tasted the same as your other bread to me! Tasty!!

Lana said...

so how do you make an oven out of a card board box??

It was so fun for me to see Peter and the girls at Andrea's wedding. I wish you were there too.